Buying a home? Make sure it’s Move-In Certified™. Selling a home? Certify it now!
Are you buying a home?
Here are some advantages of buying a home that is Move-In Certified™:
- The inspection has already been completed by the time you tour the home.
- The inspection has already been paid for by the seller, giving you the option of waiving your inspection contingency, which streamlines the sales process.
- A Move-In Certified™ Seller Inspection can help prevent 11th-hour re-negotiations and delays.
- A Move-In Certified™ Seller Inspection can reveal problems ahead of time, which:
- gives the seller time to make repairs;
- permits the seller to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report; and
- gives you the information you need to make an informed home-buying decision.
Are you selling your home?
Here are some advantages of having your home-for-sale inspected before you list it:
- You can choose an InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector® to inspect your home first, which may prompt the buyer to waive his own inspection contingency. And even if he doesn’t, a Seller Inspection means you won’t be in for any surprises.
- You can schedule your inspection at your own convenience, rather than accommodate a buyer and his inspector.
- You can assist your inspector during the inspection, which is something not normally done during a buyer’s inspection.
- A Move-In Certified™ Seller Inspection may alert you to any immediate concerns, such a broken pressure-relief valve or an active termite infestation.
- The Seller Inspection:
- allows you to take the time to shop for competitively priced contractors to make repairs, rather than making rushed decisions to get things fixed in a hurry;
- lets you attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report; and
- removes over-inflated buyer-procured repair estimates from the negotiating table.
- Move-In Certified™ yard signs, free from your InterNACHI inspector, will attract potential buyers touring homes in your neighborhood.
A Move-In Certified™ Seller Inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on your part.